Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back

X marks the spot, clouds over Woy Woy

X marks the spot. Clouds over Woy Woy. They look like con trails but I didn't see any planes.

Found these laying about in my photos folder. Took them late last year. No good for photos today. Very overcast.


Low tide off Blackwall foreshore, taken from Blackwall Mtn

Low tide off Blackwall foreshore. That bit of sand is a tiny tidal islet and smells hideously of pelican shit.


Rip Bidge & Orange Grove Road from Blackwall Mountain

Rip Bidge and Orange Grove Road from the aptly named Bay View Crescent. Which is the only road on the mountain. The other one is just a short acess thingy for the council workers.


Meandering path going up Blackwall Mtn

Meandering path going up Blackwall Mountain. It's not too steep if you follow the paths. Makes a pleasant bushwalk.

Views from the lookout


Did yer miss me?

I had a good Chrissy and New Year's, thank yer for asking.

New Year’s smelt like jasmine and beer and BBQ sauce, a heady perfume. My sex drive popped in for a visit. Strolled in like it had never been away, beckoned to a couple of old fuck-buddies, had its wicked way with them, then pissed off again. Leaving me clutching my beer with my mouth open.

The visit was due to spending two whole days watching that pair of spunky lust bunnies in Supernatural and talking about all the strange that’ll be coming to town for Mardi Gras.

And how the fuck did I miss this photo?

Okay, they're not starkers or nothing but that is worth all the photoshopping on the internets. Think I'll have a little lie-down now.

P.S. Don't tell me it's just good photoshop! I can never spot good photoshop and then someone tells me when it was allegedly taken one of them was in Siberia or dead or something and I just get cross.


Argh

Cane toad found at Umina

"Once established cane toads can spread quickly. A female cane toad can deposit up to 30,000 eggs at a time, and may lay several times over the summer season.

Cane toads can be identified by their dry, warty skin and their large glands located behind the ears.

Cane toad sightings in the Central Coast area can be reported to the local NPWS office at Gosford on 4320 4200."

Cane toad factoids & photos


Tattoo aces interview

Tattoo gets island reef job (includes video)

Ta for the heads up from the mystery correspondent.


Local linkage

Stevo's models of old Woy Woy buildings. I particularly like Noonan's as she was, and the old cinema which was where Woolies is now.

Miniature train spotter's blog (Woy Woyan)

MyDoona's Monologue ('nother local blogger)

Great texture photos from Umina Beach

Straylya Day sail past wants you and yer boat

Cockatoo ferry running to 25th January

Australia Day at Woy Woy - Anderson Park (beside the ferry wharf) 2pm - 9.30pm (last year's, Straylya Day at the Ducktionary)


International Fairy Bread Appreciation Day

Fairy Bread

For Suzanne's and Vangaman's kids.

Fairy bread is the favourite party food of Australian kids and gentleman who prefer gentleman. IFBAD was last week.

Instructions

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back spike sounds like you had a good one unlike me who missed most of it because I had to work christmas day, boxing day and new years day

Steve said...

Welocme back mate
I must be old school cos I prefer the topping of my fairy bread to be sprinkles not hundreds and thousands , you know sprinkles their like an elongated hundreds and thousand lol

Spike said...

Michael, thank yer kindly. You poor bastard, that's just evil. Do you get extra at Easter to make up?

Stevo, thank yer knidly.

My god man, don't you know anything? The long ones go on the icrcream! :)

Steve said...

O theres the beginning of a Facebook group ...... Sprinkles or Hundreds and Thousands? or at least a great internet debate , I thort sprinkles were for cakes .,,,,,,,, lol

Anonymous said...

i probably have to work good friday but thats probably it for that weekend I did get to catch up with family albeit for a few hours on christmas day afternoon but the plus side it was bloody good pay!!!!

Spike said...

Michael, ugh, Good Friday. Still you'll have the next three days to get legless on the extra pay.

Stevo, nah, it's the wee silver balls on the cakes. And I do believe there are several facebooks for the flaming over 100s and 1000s and also which way the loo paper hangs. Which is down the back.