Monday, February 26, 2007

Roses and bills

February has been a crap walkies month and January wasn't much better. This time last year I was having similar troubles with the weather so I'm thinking I'll just cross Februarys off my calendar as far as walkies are concerned. Either that or get up at 4AM for a month. Nah, that's not going to happen. Anyways, here's a few photos from last week.

Trafalgar Avenue Umina

The rose house, near the corner of Bourke Road. There's a bus-stop right outside it, for the number 54 bus (from Woy Woy Station or from West Street). People waiting at the bus-stop often pass the time sniffing the roses.

All its roses are blooming now. The red rose on on the right at the front has the best scent. One of the white ones has a good scent as well and one of the pink ones.

Trafalgar Avenue Umina

Sinking fast off Tascott on Brisbane Water

Boat sinking on Brisbane Water off Tascott. This boat has been listing a bit for ages. Then there was a big wind a week or so back. This photo is from last week. The boat's gone now. Sunk completely or removed I don't know, but I'm thinking there's a big bill to be paid whichever it is.

No comments: