Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bloody mozzies

Coupla rumbles of thunder this morning and a steady rain. But I thought Fuck it and went walkies anyways. Didn't think I'd get much in the way of fifties photos but I'd forgotten what a rich mine of fifties houses Barrenjoey Road is. It was pretty dark but I got a few good ones for my collection.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version)

Sixties windows on this one I think. The change from small windows to big seems to have come in the sixties, from what I've seen. Mind, I couldn't give a stuff about sixties domestic architecture so I won't be looking that up.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version

Love the colour of this one. Lovely blue on a rainy walk.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version)

This one would look much better with a couple of frangipannis or a big nobbly cactus but it looked like a rental so that won't be happening.

Barrenjoey cnr Ridge
(Big version)

Not great colours for a fifties house but all the rage in the seventies when they did the reno.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version)

Nice frangipanni fitting in with the era of the house.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version)

One of my favourite houses on the Peninsula. Not just because it's still fibro. I like the blockiness and the colours.

Barrenjoey Road Ettalong
(Big version)

Very modern colurs but the original shape of the house is still there and the awnings help the retain the fifties look.

Got pretty mozzie (skeeter) bitten. Little bastards were sheltering from the rain under the trees and got in under my brolly. It's been so hot and muggy they're still bloody breeding.

I'm about halfway through the lanes of the Peninsula now. If the temperature doesn't go back up over 27 (80.6 F) I'll be able to knock the bastards off by the end of May. It's back to West Gosford after that.

1 comment:

Spike said...

Er, March, by the end of March. I knew what I meant.