Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Damp & smoky

Sat on my balcony last night in the rain. There was a lovely storm then the rain started to fall. It was beautiful on my bare skin. The storms rolled past all evening and when I woke up this morning it was still raining. The air was cool and fresh. The rain was pouring out of the gutters onto the concrete below and tapping onto the leaves of the trees. Beautiful.

There were storms again this morning and it's still raining. It tamed the Ku-ring-gai fire. Not sure about the one up at Mangrove Mountain. That's about 23 kays (14.2 miles) north-north-west of here.

Didn't go for a walk. Stayed home and enjoyed the rain on my balcony again. The neighbours think I'm balmy. Read the paper and found in it a brave tale of one man's victory over his IQ. He tried to avoid arrest by crossing through the carpark of the copshop. "Two officers made a simple arrest." (Central Coast Express Advocate). In other and smarter news, a guy down south survived a shark bite to the head.

My wee shop

Made some new stuff as per the photo below. Hoodies and shirts and tops.

New stuff in my shop

Click to suss out the new stuff

Changed my mind about those shirts with photos on them, except the ones with wee photos up near the shoulder. They can stay.


Fuck, I'm tired. All this heat's been keeping me awake half the night and the days I've spent squinting at the screen. But I'm ripping into my New Year's resolution. Promised in front of witness I'd exorcise some guilt and that's exactly what I've been doing. Getting rid of all my put-it-off guilt accumulated over 2006, fixing stuff round the flat.

5 comments:

Spike said...

P.S.

Made some new mugs as well. Clean forgot.

Suzanne44 said...

I love the new shirts - I'd love to have the long sleeve T that says This Isn't Sydney, but I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting it in another color besides white. I'm hell on white.

Re - your sudden desire to dabble in exorcism - careful, now. All that incense can cloud up your judgement...

Aesthetic said...

I know how you feel Spike, the heat at night has been fucking awful... I'm tired, and grumpy as hell. Still, it is cooler now. Nice day for a walk here today :)

Anonymous said...

where can we buy your gear at a shop frontage?
PS get an air conditioner

Spike said...

Suzanne - Thank yer kindly. This one? ATM those shirts come only in white, plain and vanilla. When I've worked out how it will go on black as well. Ta for the feedback BTW :)

*coughing & squinting* What?

Aesthetic - the rainy cool is sheer fucking bliss. I got a proper night's sleep last night, thank fuck.

Anon - Alas, I have no shop frontage. The web, she is it. CafePress has a returns policy though if it doesn't fit.