Saturday, October 29, 2005

Tottie

Bloody Yahoo. I can't get into my blondiebearbot2 at yahoo email. So if you emailed me there in the last few days and I didn't reply, you know why. Either it'll come good in a bit or I'll abandon the bastard to the spammers.

Spoiler free zone
Went to see Wallace & Gromit at the flicks. Bloody good. It's the real Wallace and Gromit, not some bloody Hollywood crap with all the juice sucked out of it and too-perfect CGI.

Nah, this was the real McCoy, claymation and Pommy (Limey) accents where oughta be and Lady Tottingham or Tottington or whatever is fucking spot on. It may well become my new second favourite of Nick Park's. Right after A Grand Day Out.

2 comments:

Suzanne44 said...

I can't wait to see that. Just saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night on pay-per-view. God, I love Bill Nighy. Wanted more Slartibartfast. Think it really should be seen on big screen for best effect, though

Spike said...

God, I love Bill Nighy. Wanted more Slartibartfast.

Ditto. Also more of the Malkovitch character, the bloke with all the tiny little brass legs. Deliciously creepy. Malkovitch gives good creepy.

A whole movie of the backstory re the bloke with all the tiny little brass legs would go down a treat.

Hitchhiker's as a whole was not a bad fillum. Massive use of the snip button but that was pretty much par for the course to get it into a movie length. Coulda been better but coulda been so very much worse. I submit the 1960s fillum of The Day Of The Triffids as argument.